So how could we help?

Do you have a template that allows for copy and pasting of glyphs from the template? In the sense that when I create accented characters (e.g. Á), I have to go online, find the glyph and copy and paste it into the Fontself plugin. It would be so much easier if the template allowed us to copy the sample glyphs underneath its allocated box to save time on that.

1 Like

The latest Illustrator update, 25.3, appears to have broken Fontself. My glyphs are not showing in the panel at all, and nothing happens when I try and drag and drop. The “report bug” and “check for updates” menu option on the panel do nothing!

Hi @Feorag, do you run the prerelease version or did you get the official update? There is a major regression in the version pushed by Adobe, so the only solution in the short term is to reinstall an older version like 25.2.2

You can retrieve them via the Other versions shortcut in the Creative Cloud app:

Ah, okay. Thanks. Expletive Adobe!

Thanks for the warning.
So I will stick to Illu 25.2.3 until this issue is solved.

Greetz
Hybi

Hi Franz,

may I now update Illustrator to 25.3.1 with the newest Update “Fontself Maker for Illustrator 3.5.6”?

Thanks and greetz
Hybi

Yes, Illustrator 25.3.x is now supported with Fontself Maker for Illustrator 3.5.6

Hi Franz,

great news :smiley:
Thanks a lot for your work and for the quick answer! :+1:

Friendly greetz
Hybi

Hi !

Font created in PS i installed and opened in AI - then i converted it to the shapes however my letters became a bricks

Please let me know what to do it was the same thing: all letters became a black bricks- even when i did them in AI and converted to the open shapes

@Le0nardo Looks like an old Illustrator bug, do you run a recent Illustrator 2021 version? Bitmap fonts rendering had issues in earlier releases of Illustrator.

Thank you Franz for reply, yes my version is older: 2020

Franz wrote (May 2019):

Hi, so components are still not supported in Fontself and will take a while to be supported. So for now you need to create a different glyph for each accented character.

Has there been any progress on this front? Adding the capability to make accented characters from existing components (letter shape + accent shape) could really speed things up for designers. Is Fontself still in active development? The blog doesn’t appear to have been updated since May 2020–almost two years ago.

I’m having issues from the start. The extension panel in illustrator won’t resize no matter what I try, so it is unusable. l can’t see the buttons any further to the right than lowercase a-z, when l drag the edge out it snaps straight back. I have reinstalled and same issue.

Hi there,

We need support for Stylistic Sets, please! Or alternates to discretionary ligatures.

Any news on the next version?

Bonjour,
L’extension Fontself s’affiche bizarrement et ne fonctionne plus au bout d’un certain temps d’utilisation ou simplement en changeant de fenêtre illustrator (2021). Impossible de sauvegarder néanmoins, etc., c’est très handicapant. Y-a-t-il une solution?
Merci beaucoup :wink:

Bonne journée

Hi,

The Fontself extension displays strangely and no longer works after some time of use or simply by changing the illustrator window (2021). Impossible to save, etc., it is very disabling. Is there a solution please ?
Thanks a lot :wink:

Best regards