Alignment between styles (different shapes, sizes positions)

Hello,

I’m creating an all-caps font with multiple styles. Each style has a different shape for each letter—the shapes vary considerably in size and position.

I am having difficulty maintaining perfect alignment between the styles—they need to align perfectly in order for the font to work correctly.
I did try to add some registration points within each style to force Fontself to maintain the positioning, but I could not figure out a way to delete the registration points and maintain the positioning.

Do you have any suggestions on how I could achieve this? Vertical alignment is not an issue because I am using baseline guides when importing.

The attachment shows a few of the layers for the letter “A” so you can see the different shapes, sizes and positions plus when combined, how I want them to look. (I’m showing it in color just for clarity, This is not for a color .svg font)

Hello kfdesign and welcome to this forum.

I have written an article about layered fonts in German: see http://www.computergrafik-know-how.de/layered-font-mit-fontself/

Perhabs you can understand it with the images in it. If not, I can translate it for you.

Best regards, Jens.

Thank you, Jens.
I’ll take a look and use Google Translate.
I may reach out if I have further questions.