Blank Screen on Windows 11

Hi there,

I’ve been using Fontself for 4 years now on Adobe CC successfully on Windows 10. Now I changed my PC and got a new and more powerful one with Windows 11 installed.

So, I just installed Adobe Illustrator again and then the version of Fontself that I was using. Then I noticed that the extension wouldn’t open and realized it was outdated (3.4).

Therefore, I downloaded the newest version of Fontself (3.5.9). But again I get a blank screen.

I tried to follow all of the troubleshooting steps, but some are based on Windows 10 and the ones I was able to apply did not resolve the issue. Even the field for entering my License Key does not show up.

It’s really weird that I could use normally the older version of Fontself in my previous laptop (with Windows 10) and I cannot use the latest version in a more powerful PC with Windows 11.

Has anyone had a similar issue and managed to fix it?

Thanks in advance

I’m running on Windows 11 Pro, v3.5.8 of Fontself, and I’m not seeing anything unusual, so I would be troubleshooting along these lines: First, delete all recovery data (location is defined in Preferences > File Handling), then do a global cleanup of temp files using Windows’ Disk Cleanup utility. If that doesn’t fix it, try resetting Illustrator preferences (Ctrl+Shift+Alt while Ai is starting) or even uninstall Illustrator completely and reinstall.

Hi Alan_G,
Thanks so much for the reply and the guidelines, I appreciate it!
I have the Fontself v3.5.9 on Windows 11 and followed the steps above exactly but the issue remains sadly. I uninstalled and reinstalled Illustrator as well from the CC.
Furthermore I had contacted the Fontself Support and sent all log files but they were unable to spot the issue and offer further help. They simply offered a refund but I guess that doesn’t really help.
The point is to troubleshoot and resolve the issue.
I really cannot see why it wouldn’t work. :confused: