Cannot import shape into glyphs in illustrator 2021

Hello, i already bought fontself long time ago and just now decided to use it on my illustrator 2021. I already update my version to 3.5.3, but i can’t seem to import any shape into glyphs, it said “please select only shapes, compounds or groups.” Can someone help me with this?

Thank you.

3 Likes

Hello and welcome to this forum.

It would help to answer to your problem, when you can put a screenshot in here and you tell aus, which operating system do you use (macOS 10.x or Window 10 version x.x). Thanks.

1 Like

Hi, we have identified an issue on Windows, as the Illustrator CC 2021 update prevents some users to import glyphs, but a workaround is coming soon. We will get back to you asap with a fix.

In the meantime, you should be able to use Fontself in CC 2020, as it only affects users in the latest AI version.

1 Like

good. I send just my problem to hello@fontself.com

Updating under Windows 10 is a problem too in AI CC 2021 (v25).

1 Like

Yes, this is the same issue, something that was not supposed to change in CC 2021 just broke and we found a solution, we are just fixing another issue related to this Illustrator update… full of surprises :confused:

But we’ll send the update very soon, hopefully today if everything works.

3 Likes

looking forward to it. It’s really messy having two version of illustrator on computer.

1 Like

Totally agreed, but unfortunately the production release of CC 2021 apps (AI + PS) both introduced novel issues - and not sure yet whether they are bugs that Adobe will be able to fix or deprecated methods that were not documented…

2 Likes

I just sent this problem to hello@fontself too. I’m a first time user of Fontself (and a longtime user of Illustrator), so i really didn’t understand what i was doing wrong. Hope the update helps. Really really want to start making fonts!

1 Like

Same problem here, is the fix coming soon?

where can we download again the old working version?

Thanks

1 Like

@Kris This is a CC 2021 issue whatever Fontself version you run.

@meddoods @AmritaTarafdar @chantal_koster A fix for the glyph creation issue is now available in version 3.5.4. It should prompt to install itself next time you load Fontself, or you can get it directly from the extension, via “Check Updates” in the top right menu:

1 Like

Thanks for the update 3.5.4 !! Fontself is working perfectly now in Illustrator 2021. I created my first font yesterday :smiley:

2 Likes

SOLVED! found the manual link and downloaded it. works great.
Hello,

Followed instructions but it gets stuck on “Downloading Updates” forever…

Is there a way to download update manually?
Also, chat button not responsive.

Thanks,
Yoav.

I am having a similar problem, only just installed Fontself so I know it’s the latest version and Have Illustrator 2021. Help this is really frustrating I want to get on with my project. It says its importing then stops and nothing gets imported!

@hello If everything is up to date, please send more details about your file to hello@fontself.com as it can be related to the number of points, type of shape, etc.