Extension Freezes

I’m trying to create a bitmap font. Everything was going well until the last two letters. There is no warning but it freezes, I have waited more than 10 mins but the screen was the same. I don’t know if there is a file size limit or not. Currently it’s 54mb. But whenever I try to add Z or W (and save) it freezes. I tried running photoshop in admin mode. Tried different versions. Due to warning I had recently downsized my letter images to 750 max (width or height). Any suggestions?

Hi, try scaling images further down as the file size must be kept under 50mb to avoid crashing.

Hello,
Thank you, it worked. But are you planning to increase this limit in future? I needed to scale down glyph renders down to 500px. Thank you very much.

I am making a colour bitmap font that necessitates many alternates for each character, and I am currently up to 26MB with a lot less than half of the font done. I do have some workarounds I can do, splitting it up into several stylistic sets, but I’d also have preferred to have everything in one file if possible.

Is there any plan to make it possible to make larger font files one day? It certainly would make a huge difference to the possibilities of colour bitmap fonts.