Font Created with Fontself Stops working in Illustrator 2021 (25.0)

Hi follks,

Not so much an issue with fontself but more an issue with a font that was previously created in fontself.

I’ve used the font without issues for a few months - Illustrator updated to Version 25.0 over the weekend. Now the OpenType font I created won’t work in the new version of illustrator - The text field becomes blank when I change from the default font to the one I created.

I think It’s likely an Adobe issue - but on their support forums, they’re suggesting the font may not be compatible in the new illustrator version. Any suggestions or anyone else experiencing any similar issues in illustrator 25.0 with open type fonts previously created with fontself? I’ve had to roll back to the previous version to use a font I use regularly for a client.

Thanks,
Lewy

1 Like

Yes, I can confirm its not working on newer version on Illustrator. It needs to be fixed ASAP

1 Like

Thanks for this feedback @Lewy @AmritaTarafdar. Could you send your font at hello@fontself.com and mention this conversation? To let us understand what’s happening.

By the way, how do you install your font: With the Install button in Fontself Maker or in your computer Fontbook?

1 Like

I am not even installing. When I am trying to import shapes in Font self it gives error like choose correct shape while in older version of Illustrator is working just fine. Try new version on illustrator and you will see.

1 Like

Thanks Mohamed,

The font has been installed for a few months - installed via windows system install.
I’m not using font management either - if that helps.

There have been a few people with similar issues on the adobe community forum now - so I’m thinking more and more that it is a bug in the latest illustrator update.

I’ve not installed fontself into the latest illustrator version yet - I purchased fontself to create this one font for a company I do graphic design for as previously I had an alphabet of shapes I copy and pasted. This one font has saved me hours of work. Just frustrating now it’s not working in the new illustrator.

I’ll email the font over and link to this thread.
Thanks!

1 Like

@AmritaTarafdar There is indeed an issue with Illustrator CC 2021 for Windows that we are fixing right now, in the meantime please use Fontself from CC 2020 (it should work fine there).

@Lewy Fontself will show up itself into all CC versions, and for now we haven’t been able to reproduce the issue of missing fonts. We’ve just sent an email with a test file, please let us know what you see when you open it.

1 Like