Fontself doesn´t safe the value right

I have the problem that Fontself doesn´t save the values right. when I re open the font I have bad values in the table2018-01-25_20h34_54

1 Like

Hi,
yes, same here.
Should be a rounding error.

It’s ugly but not really a big problem.
A 1 ‰ aberration ist practically invisible.

Maybe it’s getting fixed in a future update …

Friendly Greetz
Hybi

2 Likes

Ok, so what looks buggy is actually (almost) a feature. Fontself stores all point positions at high precision but displays only integer values, which may lead to rounding issues.

For greater precision, there could be 2 possible solutions: either we’d expose the actual positions values (in your example it could be 0.267923 - but it’s not the most user friendly values to edit) or we could also provide a template that forces the position of all points and handles on a grid of 1000 x 1000 units (which may suffice for many typeface designs).

1 Like

Hi Franz, I think the bug is Adobe. the most European user uses the decimal system, what do you mean with units in illustrator? where can I download the template? is this template the same you provide via plugin?

thanks for your answer.

1 Like

So font units are not tied to any specific system in Illustrator as we normalize all shapes, but we will have to create a new template - which might also need a bit tweaking and testing in the extension to ensure this fits as expected.

Stay tuned in upcoming weeks, as soon as we have this new template to test will ping you back.

1 Like