Large font size in applications

Hey guys,
I recently purchased Fontself for Illustrator and created some fonts which I want to use for my Xamarin-Application. Unfortunately to get a decent size for the fonts to display correctly I have to choose at least 50, which is way too much. F.e. for FontAwesome I had the same size for font size 30. I didn’t change any properties in the Fontself extension itself. Any suggestions on how to change it properly so that I can display it with font size 30? Thanks in advance!

1 Like

Yes, check this: https://help.fontself.com/en/articles/2040682-size-units-and-scaling

1 Like

The icon itself had a height of 67,5pt at font size 30… that’s what I want to achieve. I have to choose font size 50 so that my Fontself icon has a height of 67.5pt

So when the not size is set to 30pt the icon should have a size of 67.5pt

I don’t get the steps in the guide… When I create a dummy box with 70% of font size 30 and my icon has a height of 67,5 it gives me an error…

1 Like

What error do you get exactly?

1 Like

Actually no error… it says that my font is too big after dropping the dummy rectangle in the extension. I followed the guide which u provided but it doesn’t scale my icon.

1 Like

Ok, so I just replicated what you are trying to achieve to make sure I understood: creating an icon that is twice bigger than the font size (67,5pt at font size 30pt).

As you can see below:

• I started from a new empty font
  • I created a small square (our dummy shape of 21pt based on the 30pt * 0.7 calculation from our article)
  • Then created a tall icon of 67,5pt
  • Then imported as the first glyph the small square - which will set the proper scaling of the font
  • Then imported the tall icon, which indeed triggers a glyph size warning, because glyphs that go beyond a certain hight might get cropped by other apps
  • Once installed, the font displays a dummy square that fits roughly the capitals (around 30pt at font size 30) and the tall icon is way taller at 67,5pt

1 Like