Link to unknown characters

I used fontself as far as i could based on my expertise. And tested my creation in font program.

I’m not sure if this in the right place on the forum. Now this question as been asked in many ways. When i go beyond the characters in the keyboard. Is there a site I can go to use the correct glyph names for the character/symbol. As I don’t know what exactly to put for naming of the characters/symbols. So other programs and windows recognise all glyphs. As I copy and paste the correct details into the box for the correct glyph name. The name that I enter for the character/symbol is not working. I viewed my recent created typeface in my font program(not fontself) just to see was all ok. There was quiet a few issues such naming and in the preview window in the font program(not fontself) a lot of the characters/symbols weren’t showing up.

1 Like

Hello,
without seeing an example, it is always difficult to help. Please make one or more screenshots. It would also be important to know which version of Fontself and Illustrator is used on Mac or Win.

1 Like

I believe you can rename your shapes/layer/glyph to the Unicode value of the character before you drag and drop the glyph to Fontself. For example, the Philippine peso sign (₱) has a Unicode value of U+20B1, you rename first so that the program can properly encode it to the correct character. You can just google the unicode values

1 Like