Missing characters/symbols in font after saving

Hello,
I have created a font with additional characters. I can see all letters/characters in Fontself, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop.

But when upload my font for review (I’m selling fonts) I got this message - " The font does not contain the minimum required character set." and they attached me this print screen:

Please, any suggestions what I do wrong when creating or saving font.
Thank you!

Hey Kate, I’m no expert and this isn’t something I’ve personally encountered, but to me it would seem like there’s an issue perhaps with the Unicode for non-English characters, with whoever you have asked to review the font. You could perhaps try (if you haven’t already) using one of the sites below, just to make sure those characters are being included properly in your font file:

http://www.cyreal.org/Font-Testing-Page/index.php (with this one, click on the ‘Latin’ tab just below the box where you drag your font.

If everything is looking good to you there I’d go back to whoever reviewed your font and send them screenshots of those perhaps and ask them if they can provide feedback as to why the characters with diacritic marks aren’t registering on their end.

Sorry I can’t be of more help. Lovely font by the way and I hope you get this sorted!

1 Like

Hello,

Thank you so much for your response and for suggesting these helpful resources! I have tried them and all characters are included properly in the font file.
So I will try to reach out to the reviewer with screenshots from these sites.
Maybe I’ll get some insights on why the characters are missing on their end.

And thank you for the compliment on the font, it means a lot!

1 Like