Overshooting in Fontself

Hi, I’m using Fontself for about 6 months now and I know the program pretty well. I can’t find anywhere a way to create overshooting. the way I do it is just lowering the letter until it looks the way I wanted to, but it’s very annoying because the changes I make don’t update imminently and from the little preview you don’t really know what you’re doing, so this whole situation is a hit or miss. I want to know if anyone knows how to do it better, and if this is the only way I’d rather know so that I will start to look for another program
thank you for the help:)

*btw. I’m using fontself with illustrator, I make the letters using guides. so before I import the letters to fontself I already know how much overshooting I need.

1 Like

Hello!! I found a way to apply overshoot in Fontself. First, make 2 guides (open ruler with CTRL+R) and drag one of them to the bottom of the glyphs, the other one to where glyphs x-height. and rename the guides BASELINE for the bottom, and xHeight for the top. and for example, if you want to overshoot “O”: you can make the O taller and pass the guides a little bit. once you have done that you should select the guides and the “O”, and import it to Fontself. Voila! I hope that helps. (I’m a lot late to reply I think, it’s been a year :exploding_head:)