Webfont creation

Hi,

I’m newbie in this world of the font creation, and fontself is the best solution for me.

I need to know if exist a way to create web-fonts and generate the .css names with this application (plug-in).

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Hi Ottost,
fontself have only the OTF-Export. you can convert the font to the webfont here.

1 Like

Hi Yellowdoor,

Thanks for your answer, but I’m talking about fonts with codes like “\e000”, “\e0002” (hex - extends utf chars), the software/plugin is great but I don’t know how to create extended fonts for web (like icofont.com) (we can create glyphs like a, b, c, ñ, ß…", but not extended chars (exist a way to do that?).

Another question is about if exist some metadata filed in every char in the .otf, in order to set this name of the character, for extract this name and the css creators can produce .css -> like:

@font-face {
font-family: ‘Otto-Font’;
src: url(‘otto-example-font.eot?#iefix’) format(‘embedded-opentype’),
font-weight: normal;
font-style: normal;
}

[class^=""], [class*=" "] {
font-family: “Otto-Font”;
font-size: 50px
}

.fontself-logo-positive:before { content: ‘\e000’; }
.fontself-logo-inverse:before { content: ‘\e001’; }
.fontself-angry-monster:before { content: ‘\e002’; }

1 Like

ah ok than I have misunderstand you.

2 Likes

So you can already create any Unicode character with Fontself - though you cannot yet enter the exact HEX value, instead you must paste the actual character.

FYI all unnamed glyphs are assigned with a unique PUA code, and you can see their values from the bottom left filtering panel (pick Unicode instead or Character):

And all CSS must be done by hand on your end for now… but it sounds like something that would indeed be great to simplify :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks Franz.
(Sorry, I had to write this text in parentheses because the message must be greater than 20 characters :slightly_smiling_face: )

1 Like

YES YES YES, I hope this is the next on your to do list :wink:

could be the other way is the naming of the layers.

1 Like

Sounds good, on the todo list. Currently improving the core of the AI & PS extensions so extra patience will be required.

1 Like

The last cases, I got error on generating webfonts on Fontsquirrel. There’s error probability on my setting. But then it works well with https://transfonter.org/