Your suggestion to improve the Kerning feature

:pray:
We’re happy you enjoy!

1 Like

Hello! First off, Love the Auto Kerning & Spacing! it does help on time.

However, I did notice a few bugs since update 3.5.1.

1. During the kerning process, the unlocked kerning pairs don’t re-lock with the master pair at all.
  2. While using Adobe Illustrator on Mac, the help (chat?) button does not work. Thus, I cannot send a troubleshooting ticket to you guys. hence why I am here.
    And I do have a question for you guys.
  3. For kerning, when doing pairs only, does it recognize the groups made?

Other than that, you guys keep up the great work! Especially in these times…

1 Like

Used the Smart Kerning+Spacing on a couple new fonts, and have a recommendation as well. :slight_smile:

• Ability to “lock” certain spacing and kerning values that may have been changed manually after running the Auto/Smart feature. That way, if we add or modify new characters, we won’t have to go back and make those manual changes again after running the Auto/Smart feature again.
2 Likes

A lock feature is really needed. The Smart Spacing does a good job, but there are always the problem children.

2 Likes

Hello Fontself Friends! I was wondering if there’s an update on the possibility of having this feature/option with the Kerning/Spacing. I’m manually having to take notes of any changes made to spacing so I adjust later on after I do Smart Space and Kern. Thank you!