Advanced Character Latin Set Problem

Hello there,

Is there an easy way to click and drag all the Advanced Character Latin Set to the extension without typing them?

Thank you!

if by “typing” you mean that you do not give the objects in the Layers palette names such as “A”, “B”, “C”, … “Ä”, “Ö” and so on, then you can use a text in the form “A,B,C,Ä,Ö”. Only commas, no spaces. The names must of course correspond to the order of your symbols/objects. You can paste the text into Fontself, select your objects and click on “Batch”.

Thank you for your reply.

So I need to select my Advanced Latin Character Set then drag them directly to the extension once done, I click on the “Batch” button.

Is that what you meant?

Sorry. Not “Batch” but “Create”. (I do not use this way .-)

(1) Select all chars of one row.
(2) Enter or copy the names into the field. Only separated with comma without space.
(3) Click on “create XX glyphes”.
(4) The result.

It’s funny. On Sunday, I wrote a first article about the European special characters:
http://www.computergrafik-know-how.de/europaeische-sonderzeichen/ (but it’s in German).

Thank you! Appreciated!

So I need to type them ALL in order to create them. Right?

yes. All names for the char of one row. If you have 20 letter, than you need 20 names.

I only speak French and English.

One big problem, I am not familiar with the german language to provide a multilingual font. I think it is going to take me a long time to copy and paste every letter in the case of german and polish?

no. only the 204 character are need for all europaen language:
Á á Ă ă  â Å å Ä ä Ǟ ǟ Ã ã Ą ą Ā ā Æ æ Ć ć Ĉ ĉ Ċ ċ Ç ç Ď ď Ḑ ḑ Đ đ Ð ð É é Ê ê Ě ě Ë ë Ė ė Ę ę Ē ē Ğ ğ Ĝ ĝ Ġ ġ Ģ ģ Ĥ ĥ Ħ ħ I ı İ i Í í Ì ì Î î Ï ï Ĩ ĩ Į į Ī ī IJ ij I ı Ĵ ĵ Ķ ķ Ĺ ĺ Ļ ļ Ł ł Ŀ ŀ Ń ń Ň ň Ñ ñ Ņ ņ Ŋ ŋ Ó ó Ò ò Ô ô Ö ö Ȫ ȫ Ő ő Õ õ Ȯ ȯ Ø ø Ǫ ǫ Ō ō Ọ ọ Œ œ ĸ Ř ř Ŕ ŕ Ŗ ŗ ſ Ś ś Ŝ ŝ Š š Ş ş Ṣ ṣ Ș ș ẞ ß Ť ť Ţ ţ Ț ț Ŧ ŧ Ú ú Ù ù Ŭ ŭ Û û Ů ů Ü ü Ű ű Ũ ũ Ų ų Ū ū Ŵ ŵ Ý ý Ŷ ŷ Ÿ ÿ Ȳ ȳ Ź ź Ž ž Ż ż Ż ż Þ þ ª º

but all most chars are based on the normal a - z and A - Z with a second symbol:
́ ˘ ̧ ̒ ̋ ̏ ̀ ̌ ̦ ̊ ̄ · ̨ ̣ ̇ ̷ ̃ ̈ ^
Plus the extra letters: Æ æ ð IJ ij Œ œ ſ ẞ ß Þ þ

The best way is to use a font like Deja Vu as a blue print.

You can use my german article and let it translate by google translate or deepL to understand more about it. In it is a list of the languages and the extra character. so you can see, which you real need.

2 Likes

Thank you again for your time! I appreciate it.

you are welcome. have a good time.

P.S. the ˘ ̧ ̒ ̋ ̏ ̀ ̌ ̦ ̊ ̄ · ̨ ̣ ̇ ̷ ̃ ̈ ^ symboles cant’ be placed in AI as a text. I reported the bug allready to Adobe.

1 Like

Hi there hope anyone can help. I’ve created a font with Latin symbols and some customized symbols. It went well and I’ve installed it already. I can use it my adobe. the problem is it doesn’t show in my advance symbol menu in MS Word using MacBook. But in Windows MS Word it appears. (see attached image)

I hope someone can help. Thank you