Can't see font in Windows 10

I’ve installed my font in Windows 10. (It installed correctly and works fine in Photoshop.) In the drop-down font files, there is a blank space where my font should appear alphabetically. When I hover my cursor over it, I see my font name. However, when I try to apply my font to text, everything is blank. I followed standard font installation instructions for Windows 10 like I would any other font on my computer.
Any idea how to fix this?

1 Like

Did you create a bitmap font in PS? If so, they are not yet supported everywhere…

1 Like

Thanks for the reply, Franz. It’s a black and white .otf font.
I only mentioned Photoshop b/c I work on book projects and use my font within that program and it works fine. I’ve been asked by the publishers to make it usable in Windows, and I can’t figure out how to do that. It has obviously been added to the font list, but it’s invisible.

1 Like

P.S. I’ve also tried highlighting the font within Windows 10, and changing the font color and also the background color. I considered it might have accidentally uploaded as a white font somehow, but I’m still not able to view the font.

1 Like

If this is a vector font, then it should work ok on Windows. Feel free to send the font file to hello@fontself.com for a deeper review.

1 Like

Hey, just confirming that your font is indeed a black & white bitmap font, and not a vector font. If you don’t have Illustrator to trace the letters into vector artwork, you can convert each letter:

• Make a selection for each glyph
  • In the Paths panel, press Make work path from selection
  • This turns the semection into a Path
  • Select the Pen tool
  • Press Shape

This will result in a vector shape layer that you can import in Fontself.

1 Like

My bad…thank you!
I appreciate you explaining the issue.

1 Like