Fontself not working on Illustrator

Hello everyone.
Fonself doesn’t work on illustrator. The problem is that when I m trying to import a glyph, the importing is loading forever. I tried all the ways that Fontself Help says, but I still can’t make it to work. I use the latest update of Fontself. I deactivated antivirus and firewall protection, too.
If anyone had the same issue, please answer me. I would appreciate it.
Thank you.

Hi Nikos,

I had a different issue after trying to install and use Fontself on a brand new pc with Windows 11 on in Greece.
Here was my issue: Blank Screen on Windows 11
I also tried all the troubleshooting steps that were indicated here but nothing fixed the issue.
Furthermore, I sent the log files to Fontself support but they were unable to locate any problems and resolve them.

Since I have seen a few more users here in Greece and in Europe facing (not the exact same but) similar bugs, I wonder if there’s an issue that has to do with the location and certain restrictions.

Sadly though, the answer I kept receiving from Fontself is that there’s a problem with my pc and that I should uninstall it and request a refund (which was not my objective).
As a last resort, I contacted tech support for my pc but they didn’t find something problematic in the pc’s settings that wouldn’t allow the extension to function properly.

The point is that, at the end of the day, I still cannot use Fontself as well.

Personally, I will be waiting for an update on Fontself’s part for the next few weeks.
If that does not happen, then I will have to request a refund indeed I guess.

Kind regards

Hi Michalis,
Thank you for your answer.
The thing is that this plugin was working fine in the same PC that I use now. Also it’s working fine in Photoshop but not in Illustrator.
So, maybe the Illustrator update or Fontself update broke the whole thing. Now, I m thinking of removing my ESET antivirus software to see if this is the problem. I don’t want refund, I just need this plugin to work so I can update my fonts.

The log file gives this error:

2024-10-07T17:44:47.552Z - error: Error: spawnSync C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\CEP\extensions\com.fontself.maker.v2\node_modules\clipboardy\fallbacks\windows\clipboard_x86_64.exe EACCES

I tried everything but still get this.

Thank you,
Nikos